We are blue-sky thinkers who can also implement.
Seltz Solutions is a marketing consultancy, headed by Ann Seltz, a hands-on professional with more than 30 years’ experience in marketing, communications, and sales for BtoB media, events, tradeshows and custom (media/marketing products) solutions.
Throughout her career, Ann has transformed ideas into new magazines, newsletters and websites, launched and grown successful events and created successful marketing, sales and communications programs.
Most recently, she cofounded the Center for Environmental Innovation and Leadership (CEIL), an information service that informs and educates federal audiences through a web-based knowledge center and events, including the GOVgreen Conference and Exhibition. Working with one full-time coordinator and various freelancers, she
- Conceived, launched and directed the CEILeadership.org and GOVgreen.org
- Created the exhibit prospect database 6,000 companies
- Defined and marketed to the target attendee audience
- Conceived and executed the attendee, sponsor and exhibitor marketing programs
- Developed and supported the sponsorship and sales plan
- Programmed conference sessions
- Recruited the affiliate and media partners
- Created the social media programs
CEILeadership.org was launched in 4 months and the firt GOVgreen Conference and Exhibition launched in 8 months. In its second year, the conference and expo increased booth sales by 70% and attendance by 30%.
Previously, Ann headed the marketing and events group at a major BtoB media company. During her 15 year tenure, she
- Launched and managed over 40 conferences and events
- Directed the marketing for 8 multimedia brands
- Created the first corporate website
- Created multiple generations of a client proposal generator to improve quality and reduce expense and production time
- Created and managed the first corporate communications and public relations program
- Developed and supported a wide range of sponsorships
- Converted the media marketing programs from print to digital with minimal disruption and substantial cost savings
- Developed a substantial freelance network to support the company’s fast growth
Before returning to Washington, she worked as a marketing director and vice president for leading media companies Ziff Davis and McGraw Hill and a software start-up. She began her professional career reporting and writing for Engineering News-Record and Civil Engineering magazines.
Ann is a member of the American Marketing Association, the Direct Marketing Association and IAEE. She is also active in Montgomery County charities as well as Habitat for Humanity.
You were instrumental in conceptualizing, organizing and implementing our branding efforts quickly and effectively. The new marketing material, direct mail/email campaigns, and the website would not have happened without your effort. You work on our SEO and online marketing campaign has produced great results.
Seltz Solutions bailed me out of a tough spot when my marketing manager was out on family leave for 3 weeks–with our trade show six weeks away. They provided a seamless interface with the client and made all the target dates.
Seltz Solutions found resources we would never have known about. We accomplished a great deal on our modest budget.
Working with Ann was easy. She finds fresh ways to solve old problems–like relaunching a major B2B brand.